The Landark Homes Difference
What Makes Land Ark Homes so Different than All the Other Builders?
The Land Ark Difference can be summed up in two words - meticulous details. And we apply this detail to create a home superior in five specific areas:
Better design means a more enjoyable living experience. Land Ark Homes have been honoured with numerous awards for superior home designs. Our awards include Best Single Detached Home, Best Kitchen, Best Bathroom, Best Model Home in 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003.
Land Ark communities provide a better place for you and your family to grow in and maintain the value of your home. Design guidelines ensure that the homes built reflect the flavour of the area and the architectural traditions that have made Land Ark Homes the leader in country estate communities.
Better designed and built homes give the most value for your housing dollar. We provide a guaranteed closing date and guaranteed pricing. You don’t have to spend time and money finding a suitable building lot, working with an architect, finding a builder and dealing with the uncertainty of tradespeople. Land Ark Homes will do it all.
Building a new home should be a pleasant experience. The Land Ark Homes Team was honoured with the Team of the Year award by the Ottawa-Carleton Home Builders Association. Our subcontractors and employees are selected for their quality of work and reliability to serve our clients better. Every Land Ark home is built by the same tradespeople every time. ONHWP Home Builder of the Year 2002 and 2003.
We work hard every day to make the home building process easy for you. At Land Ark Homes, our fifteen years of experience makes this process as smooth as possible. Our team of professionals provides you with the selection and pricing information to achieve the home you desire.
We pride ourselves on being Ottawa’s premiere luxury homebuilder.
All homes are not created equal, and a Land Ark home sets itself apart from other homes by its attention to detail and insistence on quality workmanship and materials at every stage of construction.
When comparing a Land Ark home with a home built by another builder, it helps to compare the many features and benefits that go into every Land Ark home.
- All specifications meet or exceed the national and provincial building codes
- Land Ark homes are sold with a one-year comprehensive Builder’s Warranty covering defects in materials and workmanship
- Registered builder with the Ontario New Home Warranty Program (ONHWP)
- Member of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and Group 20 Chairman
- Member of the Ottawa-Carleton (OCHBA), Canada (CHBA) and Ontario (OHBA) Home Builders Associations
Feel like pampering yourself? Just relax in the luxury and privacy of your bath and let the worries of the world wash away. Features include:
- Ceramic tile around bath and showers with decorative border and inserts.
- Dens Shield waterproof membrane behind ceramic wall tile.
- Ceramic wall mount soap dishes, paper holders and towel bars
- Vanity size mirrors
- Valence lighting above mirrors
- Single lever faucets
- Scald guard water valves in shower head faucets
- High capacity exhaust fan, vented to outside
Kitchens today are far more than a space for preparing meals and doing dishes. They are often the social centre of the home. Land Ark kitchens are designed as open, efficient spaces, with easy access to family and dining rooms. They’re great spaces for easy entertaining and family interaction. Features include:
- Cabinetry by Deslaurier Custom Cabinets
- Microwave shelf
- Post-formed Formica countertops
- Double stainless steel sink
- Single lever faucet with vegetable spray
The Lark Ark difference begins with the design of the house itself. Using traditional styles such as Craftsman and Colonial, Land Ark creates a streetscape you can instantly fall in love with, and enjoy with pride each time you return home. The beautiful interiors are designed to be efficient and functional, with spaces designed for the way you and your family live today.
Low Maintenance Exteriors for Years of Worry-Free Living
A home’s not much fun if you spend all your time and energy keeping it up. Land Ark homes are designed for low-maintenance and years of worry-free living. Features include:
- Clay brick exterior
- Maintenance free cement board siding
- Maintenance free aluminum soffits and fascia.
- Maintenance free all vinyl casement and slider windows
- Twenty-five year textured self-sealing asphalt roof shingles
Energy efficiency for your comfort and savings
The cost of energy has risen in the past few years. Every Land Ark home is designed to provide the maximum comfort year round, while saving you money on your energy bill. Features include:
- High efficiency forced air natural gas furnace with fresh air intake
- Ducting system in place for future air conditioning
- High efficiency natural gas 50 gallon hot water heater
- All windows and doors fully caulked at contact points
- Exterior wall: 2" x 6" walls with R-20 batt insulation.
- Ceilings: R-40 blown cellulose insulation at roof
- Basement: R-12 to 12" above basement slab
- Cold storage in basement.
Finished Landscaping so You Feel at Home as Soon as You Move In
A home should relate to its site and the landscape around it. By including landscaping and indoor-outdoor living areas such as decks and porches as an integral part of every plan, Land Ark expands the scope and liveability of the home -- bringing the light and beauty of nature inside. Features include:
- Decks and porches as per floor plan to extend your living space outdoors
- 500 yards of sodding
- A minimum of 20 trees in yard on selected lots (see sales staff for details)
- Photo electric sensor lawn lamp in front lawn
- Precast slab walkway
- Exterior walls: 2" x 6" studs on 16" centres. 3/8" oriented strand board (OSB) sheathing.
- Subfloor: 3/4" T&G plywood subfloor on first floor, 5/8" on second floor, nailed, sanded and screwed for greater strength and rigidity
- All lumber is kiln-dried
Elegant Interior Details
It’s the little things that make a difference in a Land Ark home. Interior trim, moldings, railings and balusters, built-in areas that create a focal point, these are the things that add character and charm to interior spaces. Features include:
- 9 foot main floor ceilings
- Decorative trim throughout
- Hinged swing doors at closets as per drawing
- Choice of contemporary interior door hardware
- Solid oak handrails and banisters with solid oak spindles
- Sprayed textured ceilings throughout (except in kitchen, laundry room, and bathrooms)
- Oak mantle with marble tile surround and hearth at fireplace
- Standard ceramic tile flooring in kitchen-eating area, laundry, all baths and entry.
- 100% nylon 36 oz. carpet with wear-dated warranty
- Quality high density 9mm underpad
- Hardwood flooring in living and dining rooms
- French door to study where applicable
Wired for the Future
To provide light, communication, and power where you need it, every Land Ark home comes with the following wiring:
- 100 amp electrical service with 32 circuit breaker panel
- Copper wiring throughout, with heavy duty cable and outlet for stove and dryer. Dryer vented to outside.
- Ceiling light fixtures in all bedrooms, family room, study, eating area, kitchen work area, and above the kitchen sink. Dining room ceiling outlet is capped.
- Smoke detectors on all levels
- Exterior light fixtures at exterior doors.
- Rough-in for five Category 5 telephone and three RG6 cable outlets
- Rough-in for central vacuum system
- High capacity exhaust fan over stove area - vented to exterior
- Separate circuits for small appliances, refrigerator, and microwave